Forms & Permits


The forms on this page are in Adobe PDF format. If you need Adobe Reader, you can download the most recent version of it for free here.

The City of Grand Haven accepts electronic payments for Taxes, Water/Sewer, and Cost Recovery Invoices. Make these payments online at Point and Pay.

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

FOIA Summary

Grand Haven FOIA Procedures & Guidelines

FOIA Fee Itemization Form

FOIA Request Form

Public Safety FOIA Request Form

Click here to view the entire Freedom of Information Act


Boards & Commissions Forms

Application to Serve

Application to Serve (Online Submission)


Planning Commission

Landmark Sign Permit Application

Land Use Permit Application

Lot Split and Combination Application

Planned Development Rezoning Application

Request for Zoning Change

Site Plan Review Application

Special Land Use Permit Application

Sensitive Areas Overlay Permit Application


Zoning Board of Appeals

ZBA Application


Departmental Forms

Assessing Office

Homestead Exemption Affidavit

Request to Rescind/Withdraw Homestead Exemption

Petition to Board of Review

Property Transfer Affidavit

Address Change


Building & Inspection

*All applications should be emailed to GHDPS Building for quickest response. Otherwise, please mail your paperwork to 525 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417*

Building Moving Application

Building Permit Fees Table

Commercial/Industrial Building Permit Application

Commercial Special Inspection Application

Construction and Demolition Protocol for Use of Public Space

Construction Board of Appeals

Construction Valuation Chart

Contractor Registration

Deck Construction Guide

Demolition Application

Electrical Permit Application

Mechanical Permit Application

Plumbing Permit

Rental Registration Application

Residential Building Permit Application | Instructions


City Manager

City Email Newsletter Signup

Lighthouse Award Nomination Form

Access to and Use of Public Property

Encroachment Permit Application


Clerk’s Office


Bed & Breakfast

Building Mover (Yearly) License

Building Wrecker (Yearly) License

Going Out of Business Sale Application

Insurance Claim Form

Junk Dealer License

Kayak Storage Rack

Metal Detectors License

New Business Notification

Pedicab Business License

Pedicab Operators License

Permanent Vendor Application

Sewer Backup Insurance Claim

Solicitors & Transient Merchants License

Sound Truck (General Permit Application)


Community Center

Special Events Application (Short Form)

Special Events Application (Long Form)

Special Events Application (Online Submission)

Special Events Process Handbook

Artisan Market Application

Banner Policy

City Parks & Beach Application

Community Center Rental Application

Duncan Park Application

Mulligan’s Lodge Reservation Form

Airport Rental Inquiry


Community Development

*All applications should be emailed to Jennifer Howland for quickest response. Otherwise, please mail your paperwork to 519 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417*

Backyard Chicken Permit Application

Beekeeping Permit Application

Encroachment Permit Packet

Fence Permit Application

Home Occupation Application

Landmark Sign Permit Application (Planning Commission)

Land Use Permit Application

Lot Split and Combination Application

Medical Marihuana Facility Application    |  Facility Permit FAQ

Planned Development Rezoning Application

Request for Zoning Change (Planning Commission)

Retaining Wall Permit Application

Sensitive Area Overlay Permit Application

Sidewalk Cafe Permit Application

Sign Permit Application

Site Plan Review Application (Planning Commission)

Special Land Use Permit Application (Planning Commission)

Temporary Use Permit Application

ZBA Application (ZBA)


Election Information

Election Inspector Application

Absent Voter Application


Human Relations Commission

Alleged Discrimination Complaint Form


Human Resources

Employment Opportunities


Information Technology

Website Feedback Form (Online Submission)


Public Works

Donation Application | Donation Policy

Hold Harmless Agreement

Pot Hole Report (Online Submission)

Right of Way Permit Application    (Example of Bond and Certificate of Insurance Forms Needed for ROW Permit)

Storm Sewer Permit Application

Water Pollution Report Form

Water/Sewer Permit Application


Public Safety

Business Emergency Notification Form

Complaint Form

Compliment Form

Fire Safety Audit Worksheet

Liquor Licenses

Local Records Check

Lost Property Report

Parking Ticket Appeals Procedures

Precious Metal & Gem Dealer Registration

Private Property Crash Report

Purchase Accident Reports

Recreational Fire Requirements

Special Event Tent Form

Vacation House Check

Water Pollution Report Form


Treasurer’s Office

Downtown Parking Informational Brochure

Downtown Parking Permit Application

Property Tax Automatic Payment Enrollment Form

Summer Tax Deferment Form


Water Billing

Automatic Payment Enrollment Form



Nondomestic/Industrial User Survey Form




Report issues like potholes, litter, etc. to the city of Grand Haven.