Open Enrollment has started
Open enrollment has begun for insurance in 2021! Open enrollment will be from November 2, 2020 through November 13, 2020. If you would like to make a change, submit the Open Enrollment Form or Life Insurance Form to HR by November 13. You only need to submit a form if a change needs made OR if you are opting out of insurance. Below are the highlights.
The City will continue to offer the Blue Cross Blue Shield High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and Traditional Plan for 2021. We have updated the HDHP preventative service coverage as an enhancement this year. The HDHP deductible for 2021 is currently set by the IRS at $1,400 for single and $2,800 for two-person or family coverage (same as 2020). View the Employee Portal or Informational Booklet for plan specifics. Click here for the Open Enrollment Form.
The employee’s share of the premium will remain at the same percentages as 2020. Click here for the Open Enrollment Form. Rates were provided to employees in the Open Enrollment email. Please contact HR (616-847-4887 or email@example.com) for rates if the email was misplaced. Rates are specific to unions and non-union employees.
The City will continue to offer the Blue Cross Blue Shield dental plan. Visit the Employee Portal or view the Informational Booklet for plan specifics. Click here for the Open Enrollment Form. Rates were provided to employees in the Open Enrollment email. Please contact HR (616-847-4887 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for rates if the email was misplaced. Rates are specific to unions and non-union employees.
You may choose to opt out of insurance if you have other coverage. The City will provide you with an opt out stipend at the end of the calendar year. YOU MUST SUBMIT AN OPEN ENROLLMENT FORM IF YOU ARE OPTING OUT OF INSURANCE. Click here for the Open Enrollment Form. Opt out payments range from an annual payment of $750-1,500. Please contact me for specifics.
Health Savings Accounts
Optum Bank provides HSA accounts to employees on the HDHP. Employees may contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll to use on HSA-allowable expenditures. The annual contribution limits for 2020 are $3,600 for single or $7,200 for two-person or family coverage. It is highly encouraged that employees utilize their HSA to cover their deductible. Employees who want to fully fund their deductible should contribute $54 per pay period if single or $108 per pay period for two-person/family coverage. If you are 55 years of age or older, you can contribute an additional $1,000 per year. Elections are made on the Open Enrollment Form. If you only want to change your HSA deduction, here is the form.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Medical: Up to $2,750 may be elected to cover qualifying medical expenses. A limited-scope FSA is available to employees on the High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). Limited-scope FSA can only be used on dental and vision expenses. If you or a dependent need braces or Lasik, you might want this!
- Dependent Care: Up to $5,000 may be elected to cover care for a dependent. If you have daycare expenses, you want this!
In previous years, Life Insurance Open Enrollment was handled in the spring. The policies have been changed to a calendar year, so Life Insurance Open Enrollment will coincide with regular Open Enrollment. The City provides you with some life insurance and AD&D, but you have the option to purchase additional for you and your family.
- If you would like to newly elect supplemental life insurance for yourself or for your spouse, you must show evidence of insurability. Complete the enrollment form and Evidence of Insurability Form.
- If you have already purchased supplemental life insurance and wish to maintain that coverage, no action is needed.
- If you have already purchased supplemental life insurance and wish to cancel coverage, please complete the enrollment form.
- If you have already purchased supplemental life insurance and wish to increase the amount, you may do so by $25,000 without needing evidence of insurability (up to $100,000). Here is the enrollment form. If you increase greater than $25,000, complete the Evidence of Insurability Form.
There will be some changes regarding Aflac policies. Aflac enrollment will be handled separately this year. Please keep your eye out for more information in December.
If you would like to set up a one-on-one appointment with me either by phone or in-person, click here to schedule. You may also contact Angela with Brown & Brown at 989-399-0457 or email@example.com.